Bacon Lovers Quiche (Keto)
Ok this one is a LITTLE more labor intensive than my usual recipes but OMG is it worth it. The almond flour crust is nutty, crispy and packed with flavor and the inside is decadent and creamy (WHILE BEING DAIRY FREE!!-Totally #win)
I love quiches because they can be a great breakfast OR dinner, you can make them ahead of time and they are full of good protein, good fats and veggies. Kinda the perfect "all in one" meal!
(The Ketogenic diet is one that focuses on eating a hight amount of good quality fats with little to no carbs--You know me, I don't stay a slave to any one particular diet but this quiche satifies even the carb lover in me!! )
Bacon Lovers Quiche
Recipe Credit: Leanne Vogel "The Keto Diet" book
2 cups almond flour
1 large egg
2 TBSP melted butter or coconut oil
1/8 tsp sea salt
6 strips bacon
1 can full fat coconut milk
4 large eggs
1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 ground nutmeg
(I also added 2 cups of spinach and diced onion) You can play around here and add any veggies you like!
- Pre head over to 350 F and lightly grease a pie pan
- For the crust: In a large bowl, combine almond flour, egg, butter/coconut oil and salt. Mix with fork until completely incorporated
- Press the dough into the pan-it should be about 1/8 inch thick
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes until the crust is light golden brown
- Meanwhile start preparing the filling: Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until crispy, then cut it up or crumble it. Pour the eggs, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and nutmeg in a bowl and mix. add the bacon.
- Take out the pre baked crust and turn down the oven to 325 F
- Fill it to the brim with egg mixture
- Return to the oven and make 35 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown. Allow to cool 20 minutes before serving
STORE IT: KEEP IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER IN THE FRIDGE FOR UP TO 3 DAYS-FREEZER FOR UP TO 1 MONTH
REHEAT IT: PLACE IN THE MICROWAVE UNTIL ITS WARM OR IN THE OVEN ON 300 F FOR 10 MINUTES
Want More recipes like this? subscribe below!
You will also get my free weekly meal planner, clean eating grocery list, day planner and smoothie guide!
Ready to Get you HEALTH ON for January? Sign up for the #MOMBOD Free 5 Day Challenge!