Dairy Free Coconut Chia Raspberry Popsicles
Ummm WHY on earth is there not a popsicle emoji??? I digress...
Regardless of the of my mis use of above emojis, lets talk POPSICLES. They are literally the quintessential summer treat. But you can easily choose to throw out the crappy sugary kinds, (or even worse sugar-free) and make a higher quality version. This recipe is EASY BREEZY LEMON SQUEEZY and tastes oh so good (You better bet I took a bit right after I took this photo...)
Coconut Chia Pops!
Chia sees are incredibly good for you--here are some of the benefits of this tiny but mighty superfood!
- They are LOADED with antioxidants, fiber and protien
- They help with digestion
- They contain a high amount of omega 3 fatty acids (the good kind of fat!)
- They help with inflamation
- They can aid in workout performance as well as workout recovery time
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 TBSP agave
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- Berries (I used raspberries and strawberries)
- Popsicle mold (I use the one listed below)
- Pour out contents of coconut milk (including all the solids) whisk or us a fork to mix until creamy
- Add 1/4 cup of chia seeds, agave and vanilla in. Stir well and let sit 30 minutes (stirring once or twice during that time)
- Place a few pieces of fruit at the bottom of the popsicle mold then use a spoon to fill in the chia/coconut mixture. Keep layering fruit/milk/fruit/milk until you reach the top
- Freeze overnight!
Some other fun variations:
- Add run extract instead of vanilla and add bananas for a banana foster twist!
- Add swirly sweet bites by mixing in some fruit jam/jelly!
- Cocoa mocho--swirl in bits of chocolate or cocoa powder or little candies for a chocolate suprise!
- Add lavender extract and blackberries for a sophisticated upgrade