🍓 Strawberry Cinnamon Salad
Is it me or is eating salad kinda the worst? I'm ALL ABOUT living a healthy life and incorporating vegetables into my meal plan, but for the life of me--I cannot eat a boring salad every day for lunch.
🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓
Without being fussy or hard to prepare, this salad is a total "WOW!"
It's sweet, crunchy and the cinnamon gives it a gourmet twist!
It could be a great salad to bring to a party, or make up a big batch for a weekly lunch meal prep!
Strawberry Cinnamon Salad
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned, de stemmed and quartered
- 1 Cara Cara orange (or 1 can Mandarin oranges)
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well in an airtight container
- Place lettuce, strawberries, oranges, nuts, onion, and avocado in a salad bowl
- Toss the salad with dressing and serve promptly
Want more inspiration for healthy living? Subscribe below!
You will also get my free clean eating grocery download, smoothie recipes and a ton more!